Management of machinery equipment
With RFID technology Murata can reveal hidden costs in production.
Production machinery has a variety of equipment that requires replacement based on specified life time.
Stock management of this equipment that is waiting for replacement parts, in case of stock shortage, can be a hidden cost for production.
In addition to solving above problem in user side, manufacturers of those machinery equipment can also utilize RFID to communicate information such as product specification and EOL notification to customers, which can add more value on their products and service.
* The pocket type reader shown in this page, Blueberry UHF MS4 is the product from Tertium Technology.
Difficulties in machinery consumable management
Both manufacturers and users spend time and manpower on management of product information.Please flick and have a look.
Advantages of RFID
Centralized management of product information through a database
can reduce effort on for both manufacturers and users.
- RFID tag can be read even when covered by water or oil.
- Possible to write product information, inspection history of life management, etc.
- Password lock function prevents false modification of data.
- Small and robust.
- Can be attached to thin and small products.
- Ceramic packaged tag is durable in harsh environments.
- Murata can support reader writer integration and antenna design as well as RFID tag.
- small tags attached to products can be read/written with a portable reader writer
- reader writer antenna built into facility can identify tools with small tags when installed
How to attach
- Double sided tape
- Injection molding, etc.
Read range (Reference)
- Reading in near field (Contact ~20mm)*
* Read range is subject to change upon the evaluated environment. We offer suggestions and support based on your usage.
For customers looking for RFID tag/reader-writer.
Murata also offers hardwares from the lineup of RFID tag and reader-writer. Please find the detail in the product page.