The solution for healthcare industry
Hospitals are often concerned that the management of medical devices with barcode requires too much time of hospital staffs, sacrifycing valuable time that should be spent for the treatment of the patients.
RFID technology offers simple and efficient system that can manage the equipments, patients, staffs, and medications. It brings doctors to concentrate more on the prevention of medical erros and further improvement of patient care.
Recommended RFID tags
- Inlay is a label type tag suitable for price tags and packages. Able to be read in long distance (5-6m).
- On-metal tag
- Able to be read attached on metal.
How to attach
- Embedding into medical devices
- Micro tags can be embedded into medical devices.
- Attaching onto medical devices/equipment
- Small on-metal tags can be attached onto medical devices/equipments such as surgical tools.
- Atacching on package
- Inlay can be pasted on package of consumable items.
How to read
- Pocket reader
- A small sized reader that can read micro tags
- Hand-held reader
- Able to effectively and quickly scan data
- Fixed reader
- Able to read a massive amount of tags at once, improving the efficiency of logistics
Surgical tool tracking
Attaching on surgical tools. This prevents the loss of surgical tools and keeps record of the number of the use.
Verification of medical devices
Making sure the right device and right medication is used for the right patient in order to prevent miss-medication.
- Case Study: Authentification of medical cartridge with RFID
- Case Study: Authentification of medical device with RFID
Identification of test tube
Identification of individual object such as blood sample. Unlike barcode, RFID tag can be read with dew condensation in low temperature.
Managing the logistics traceability on equipment and devices by reading at each point of factories, logistics centers, and hospitals.
The solution for other industries
For customers looking for RFID tag/reader-writer.
Murata also offers hardwares from the lineup of RFID tag and reader-writer. Please find the detail in the product page.